MoNoXiDe commented on a Page, Equation Solver - $solve  -  Dec 22, 2007

Hey TropNul I\'m extremely grateful for all your help! You\'re code works well, except you\'re right, theres a bug. But I don\'t think it\'s because of what you said, I spent an hour or so trying to figure out what it was because it was very confusing. I would try to solve sin(x)=90 (which should return $false) and it would always return -2. It would return false under the old parser and even through all the checks to make sure the answer was legit it still always returned -2. It turned out that the parser couldn\'t support negative numbers with the functions, so sin(-2) wouldn\'t work. I\'m not quite sure but all I need to add is a -? somewhere in the regsubex line? I\'ve also given them different names so that shouldn\'t be a problem.

@Korvin, thanks for the feedback :) However it\'s impossible to add another variable such as Y, this is because you can only solve 1 variable per equation. eg if you consider y + x = 1. This has infinite number of solutions. This primarily solves any single equation. To solve simultaneous equations its infinitely more complicated. I have done it in C# but I think it\'s pretty much close to impossible in mIRC.

You could still solve for any variable in y=mx + c. If you know any 3 values and you are left with a fourth variable.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.