|MELIORITE| commented on a Page, Duelist Master Bot System  -  Apr 23, 2007

For a start, you have often confused the $nick and $2 items. Instead of banning $2 onban, it instead bans the nick that requested it, even if that nick is owner. Thus: on 1000:text:ban::{
if ($2 = $null) {
ban # $nick 2
}
else { ban # $nick 2 }
}
Should be:
ban # $2 2
}
AND I don\'t know what the extra \'else\' condition is here if its the same as the previous condition? or it reads that if ($2 != $null) then kick any way which makes you wonder why $null line was included. The same idea of mixing $2 and $nick in the kick command. If I wanted to get kicked from a chan I don\'t need my own bot to do it for me :P Where you have, for example, ...text:ban:: ... you might as well make it ban*:#: because a msg to the bot won\'t execute a command until the channel is specified. Using # executes on a command in the channel. So even usingban*:?: will not work until there has been a channel specified. If you want the commands on kick and ban to be executed through message and not in the channel then you need to place into the snippet a way for the bot to define the channel in which to execute the command. It might mean that the msg to the bot includes for example. I realise you\'re still working on it, but frankly, a 9 for this piece of code is a little on the steep side of scoring with some fundamental errors.

Respond  
Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.