Hawkee commented on a Page, Future for mIRC  -  Aug 13, 2016

Hey hey raccoon, good to see a new post!

raccoon  -  Aug 14, 2016

Hey Hawkee, good to see you're still around :) Sorry that all we ever post is mIRC scripts on here, heh! Scaring off all the real coders!

Hawkee  -  Aug 14, 2016

It's okay, gotta start somewhere!

raccoon  -  Aug 14, 2016

Wanna make it easier on me to post images/screenshots for Snippets, without having to create a thread post to host it? ;) Also, ditch the Flash, brah!

Hawkee  -  Aug 15, 2016

What flash are you referring to? There is none on the site. Somebody else was complaining about some ads coming up. Is this what you're seeing? If so can you tell me what page you saw it on and what it was advertising? Can you view the source to see where it's coming from?

raccoon  -  Aug 15, 2016

[Start Thread] [Images] [Cancel]

The Images button does not respond to clicking in Firefox, because I have Adobe Flash completely removed from my system. In Google Chrome, since it has its own Flash library built into the browser, displays a gray brick that says "Right click [to activate Flash plugin]" instead of the white [Images] button. Inspecting the element brings up the following code:

<div id="uploadify" class="btn btn-default" style="margin-left: 2px; position: relative; width: 95px; float: left;">
    <i class="icon-cloud-upload"></i>
    Images
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="/uploadify/uploadify.swf" width="90" height="30" id="uploadify_buttonUploader" style="visibility: visible;" title="Adobe Flash Player">
        <param name="quality" value="high">
        <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
        <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain">
        <param name="flashvars" value="uploadifyID=uploadify_button&pagepath=/snippet/17234/&script=/profile/photo_upload.php&folder=pictures&scriptData=op%3Dupload%26img_perm%3Dscreenshot%26tool_id%3D%26tool_type%3Dcomment_id%26sid%3Dc932960255253d5d5d5561e8d064e042&width=90&height=30&wmode=transparent&method=POST&queueSizeLimit=5&simUploadLimit=1&hideButton=true&fileDesc=Image files&fileExt=*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.gif;*.png&multi=true&auto=true&sizeLimit=4094304&fileDataName=file_upload&queueID=screenQueue">
    </object>
    <div id="uploadify_button" type="button" style="display: none;"></div>
</div>

Your website uses Flashplayer. Imgur's upload does not. :)

Hawkee  -  Aug 15, 2016

Ah yes, that really needs to be replaced. I already swapped it out for a JavaScript only solution on Hawkee's sister site, RotorBuilds.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.