Hawkee   -  Aug 04, 2016

I've gone ahead and switched everything back to the "Snippet" terminology. My goal with the "Page" concept was that people could write articles, but since that never caught on I think "Snippet" is more appropriate. I've also gone ahead and removed the "Projects" section from the main menu as well. This was the old Scripts section which is now deprecated. The scripts are still there, but since the layout is broken it needs to be hidden.

I've also reworked the menu system and simplified the site dramatically. Clicking home when you're logged in now goes to the latest snippets. The activity stream has been delegated to the "Following" menu item under your avatar. There are now only 3 primary sections to the site: Popular Snippets, Threads and Latest Snippets.

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 11, 2016

i have noticed that it's faster. the only complaint i have are the popup adds

Hawkee  -  Aug 11, 2016

Popup ads? This site doesn't have any ads.

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 12, 2016

I keep getting adds whenever in on the computer only on Thurs site will screen shot next time to show you

Hawkee  -  Aug 12, 2016

Thank you! What do the ads generally promote?

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 12, 2016

I don't even pay attention I just close them when they let me some are videos

Hawkee  -  Aug 13, 2016

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. I don't want any ads leeching off the site!

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 15, 2016

Yeah sorry been busy should be able to get on the computer on Friday and try to help you out

Hawkee  -  Aug 15, 2016

I did a pretty thorough comb of the site looking for anything malicious that might be injecting ads, but I couldn't find anything. I wonder if it could be something on your end. Have you tried different browsers?

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 15, 2016

No I haven't. I guess it could be my end just found it funny it only happens when in this website

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 19, 2016

I will be on the computer around ten central time. We can see about the ads I was talking about

Hawkee  -  Aug 19, 2016

Take screenshots if you see them.

blackvenomm666  -  Aug 20, 2016

sent them yesterday.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.