ProIcons   -  Sep 10, 2015

I Was searching for a Solution in order to Design a C# .NET Desktop Application with the features HTML JavaScript and CSS gives you. I was thinking the only way to do that was to Embedd Internet Control from Internet Explorer but i was wrong.

I discovered CEF(Sharp). Chromium Embedded Framework. With this Framework you are able to Manipulate every aspect of Chromium Browser and make a Fine desktop application with many custom controls, custom styling, transitions, animations and even webgl. That's awesome. You can also interact with Javascript functions, and javascript functions interact with you back. I mean a C# function call and get data from a Javascript Function and vice versa.

Is anyone familiar with CEF?

SReject  -  Oct 01, 2015

If you are looking to make a desktop app using webdev utilities you may want to look into nw.js/node-webkit. Its a runtime that makes use of node/io.js and webkit to enable the writing of native apps that utilize web technologies. As a developer you can choose to package only the html/js/css for users that already have nw.js installed or compile into an installable app with no external dependacies

ProIcons  -  Oct 02, 2015

in fact i'm considering creating a UI in WPF using Mahapps Metro, to use its flyouts and loading modals, and behind that a Panel with the CEFSharp browser controller. I mean its the same thing with the nw.js except for the node.js. In my backend that is also written in C#, i've created WebSocket Server with WebSocket-Sharp so the only thing i will need is the socket.io

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.