ProIcons   -  Sep 08, 2015

Lately i thought of buying a Raspberry Pi to expirement and be able to create some sort of devices. At first im thinking to buy a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Board, with a Camera and Some Motors. Has anyone tried raspberry ?

Hawkee  -  Sep 10, 2015

Why not build a quadcopter? The end result will be a lot more fun than anything you make with a Pi.

ProIcons  -  Sep 10, 2015

I'm not interested to create a Quadcopter. I want to make a small device to shuffle cards

Hawkee  -  Sep 10, 2015

Sounds interesting. Is this something of your own design?

Hawkee  -  Sep 10, 2015

I'm working on build logs for Rotorbuilds and I just got to thinking.. I wonder if I should consider a similar site for Raspberry Pi projects.

Let me expand my Concept in here. This idea is mine, and the design aswell,
This machine will be much more than a Simple Shuffling Machine.

We are from different Countries therefore we have different cultures, games and so on.
At Weekends most of the families here are playing some Card Games. Most of these card games, are Games which you collect cards with points.

My concept is to create a device, which will have

• 5 DC Motors
  • 1 Raspberry PI Camera
  • Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B
  • Touchscreen 2.8-7 Inch.

This device will have 2 trays, For 2 Teams or 2 Persons, and with the 2 DC Motors will feed to Raspberry PI Camera, on 480p 90fps Setting the playing cards from the 2 different trays.

After that i will create a Software with Pattern Recognition in order to recognize the cards, and based on the game Selection it will count the points and display them in a Scoreboard on the TouchScreen.
While the cards are getting thrown in the 2 different trays, the 3rd and 4th dc motor will throw them in a single tray in random order, and after they get shuffled, the 5th dc motor will throw them out again.

I'm planning to create the Software on C# and run it on Raspbian with Mono and the Raspberry PI Library for Mono .NET.

Now you can create one site for all amateur mechanical builds, including these types of devices and motors and quadcopters.
I mean instead of creating 2 different Sites, Combine them in one, with categories, like hawkee with the different Programming and Scripting Languages.

Hawkee  -  Sep 10, 2015

Wow, that sounds like quite a project. I hope it turns out well!

Well all this time, all i wanted to do, was to create Software... I do like creating WebServices. Backends mostly.
Lately though i discovered the possibilities of these type of devices and it intrigued me. I will try to create this project just for fun, just to see if i'm suitable for this type of Developing. And if so, i will probably change the subject of my post graduate degree. I currenty study "Computer Engineering". And by the way thanks :)

Hawkee  -  Sep 11, 2015

I've been experiencing the same transition myself. I've been thoroughly enjoying my quadcopter project. The nice thing about software is the cost: $0.00 when you use open source, but hardware costs money. The worst is when you make a mistake and end up destroying a board, motor, etc.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.