Hawkee   -  Sep 03, 2015

Howdy folks! I know it's been a little while since I've updated here, but I feel I need to let this layout settle for a while before making any radical changes again. I have been working on the core engine and have some nice features to bring over to Hawkee in the near future. I started a new site using the Hawkee engine called RotorBuilds which has had me fine tuning some core functions of the software. It still looks a great deal like Hawkee, but I'm not focusing on design so much as functionality. Have a look and let me know what you think!

[Plornt]  -  Sep 28, 2015

Oooh thats a pretty cool site/idea. Definitely a more niche site though. Looks cool however of course it seems like you need to already know what you are doing as a lot of the builds on there are purely part lists (I know its user generated content so you cant really force people to do a write up and I guess you was more talking about the site in general and not the content specifically). But yeah seems like thats a fairly active place and nice little community you've got going.

Hawkee  -  Sep 28, 2015

There are lots and lots of youtube videos on how to put these together. Here's a great video series on how to build a mini quad. I learned everything I needed to know watching that. The real challenge isn't the build but knowing what parts to use, so that's why I made the site. I've found that it's far easier to grow a niche site than something general. Back when Hawkee only focused on mIRC it grew very fast, but now that mIRC has somewhat faded into obscurity the growth is lacking. We need a new niche here to regain some momentum.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.