ArkaZeen commented on a Page, mTwitch Normalizer  -  Aug 30, 2015

Great work you're doing here sir,

Will mTwitch.UserModeState.mrc also allow for users to follow channels from mIRC? Thanks.

SReject  -  Aug 30, 2015

Most likely that will fall into mTwitch.Commands.mrc.

mTwitch.UserModeState.mrc uses user-effecting channel modes to distinguish users apart
+q(~): Streamer
+a(&): Site Admin/Mod
+o(Mod)
+h(%): known sub
+v(+): follower

Wolfie713  -  Sep 19, 2015

Could you make it easy to configure the modes? For example, I'd prefer + to be for Turbo users and nothing for regular viewers (regardless of if they are following or not).

Will the UserModeState also fix the way user names appear? All names are in lowercase by default, but once the user says something, would be nice if it corrected any differences (ie, for me, it would change the display of my name from 'wolfie713' to 'Wolfie713').

SReject  -  Oct 23, 2015

As far as configurability; most likely not for the foreseeable future. Its my intention to keep these scripts as simple as possible. With configurability comes the requirement of some sort of UI, be it command line or graphical, as well as maintaining the configuration format across future versions.

As far as UserModeState fixing names, it will not. With that said, I am working to incorporate the Display_Name when available. The issue, though, is some display names contain spaces which would invalidate them when used in IRC-protocol messages.

There are ways around this such as on TEXT and on ACTION and replacing the $nick with the display_name from $msgtags but this is merely cosmetic which I don't like. The name displayed would have no state associated with it; it wouldn't be the nick in the channel nicklist, the displayed name could not be used in identifers or commands to reference the user's associated data, nor could mouse hotlinking events be used to perform actions against the user the name belongs to.

Please note that not only do I want to improve how Twitch 'feels' to the general user with these scripts, I also want to open the door for scripts wrote for non-twitch-irc to work in the twitch environment without the need for twitch-specific coding.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.