[Plornt]   -  Aug 14, 2015

Just finished up my version of the Machi Koro board game in mIRC. Has its own eventing system and everything making it easy to expand!

Has a lot of spam though so required IRCop access. Pretty fun when you get the hang of how it all works.

Hawkee  -  Aug 14, 2015

Looks like a lot of data. How did you get all of that in there?

[Plornt]  -  Aug 14, 2015

All of the card data was hand inputted into a ini file, nothing fancy there unfortunately. Each card specifies its own handler (or a handler that can process similar cards to it) which then uses the data in the ini file to perform its actions when it gets activated by a dice roll. Heres a screen shot of the ini file, https://gyazo.com/c2f93dfdc8204bfb5f89cbc3eb2521b8

Hawkee  -  Aug 14, 2015

I see, I guess that's easier to pass around as installing sqlite or a real database would be cumbersome to install on multiple machines.

[Plornt]  -  Aug 15, 2015

Yeah, makes it easier to edit too and relieves the need for a database driver dll to be present. That being said I should probably change the way it saves the game state to hash tables or a proper database of some kind since its currently also using an ini.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.