raccoon   -  Jan 25, 2015

@Hawkee : Did you cancel a registration for user @42? I never did get email confirmation after spending an easy 10 minutes on that horrible horrible CAPTCHA. (Personally I don't think it's possible for humans to pass it, only robots.)

Hawkee  -  Jan 26, 2015

No I did not. What is the username? The CAPTCHA should be a breeze as long as you're logged into your Google account. Otherwise its no different than reCAPTCHA.

raccoon  -  Jan 26, 2015

it was " 42 " and the capcha was retarded. I recommend you give it a try. It took me 10 actual minutes with 40~100 refreshes and more than 15 failed attempts.

raccoon  -  Jan 26, 2015

This thread doesn't appear in my Notices either. It seems neither self originated pages nor threads do, only comments on other people's pages or threads that get replies will show up.

Hawkee  -  Jan 26, 2015

Here is some more information about why Markdown doesn't support automatic line breaks like you were expecting, https://github.com/erusev/parsedown/issues/227

I've enabled the "42" account. Did you just not receive the verification email? Why are you creating a second account in the first place?

I'll have a look at the notice problem. It seems to only affect certain threads.

raccoon  -  Jan 26, 2015

You may log into my account to test, just let me know when you are. Neither of the two threads we've been talking on appear in my Notices, and I have to click to the Hawkee Home and scroll down quite a ways to find them. I'll read the Github article now. Does GitHub not use natural line breaks (same question I asked in other thread)? I created the secondary account to test some of these features.

Hawkee  -  Jan 26, 2015

I'll look into it. Do the threads show up if you click to the notices page or are they just absent entirely? Are you getting the emails with the notices?

raccoon  -  Jan 27, 2015

No, they do not appear on my Notices page, even though the bell lights up. The last active thread it shows is the Scakk thread, last comment 7 days ago. I am opted out from Notice emails.

Hawkee  -  Jan 27, 2015

How about now? I just fixed some code that could have been causing this.

raccoon  -  Jan 27, 2015

Actually, neither of your last two responses to this thread (23 hours ago, and 38 minutes ago) even made my Notices bell light up. I merely checked this thread by chance both times. My ESP senses were tingling.

Hawkee  -  Jan 27, 2015

So my fix didn't seem to do the trick? I'll have to look at this in more detail.

Hawkee  -  Jan 27, 2015

I think I solved this one as well. Let me know if you got a notice.

raccoon  -  Jan 28, 2015

I did indeed!

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.