Scakk   -  Jan 13, 2015

The code tags do not work on the forum correctly. All that shows when you use them is "code" and not script.

raccoon  -  Jan 14, 2015

What forum?

Btw, Hawkee switched to Markdown language, so use three backtick marks '`' in a row to indicate a code block. A backtick is the character that looks like a backwards apostrophe, and shares the same key as the tilde '~' character. You need to close the code block with another three backticks.

Scakk  -  Jan 14, 2015

I was referring to the Hawkee Forums. Perhaps he should update the code tags themselves to use that instead of what it currently does.

Hawkee  -  Jan 15, 2015

The old forum is deprecated. Threads have replaced it. Why not create a thread instead?

Scakk  -  Jan 15, 2015

I was replying to a question someone posted on the forums.

Hawkee  -  Jan 15, 2015

I see. The old forum should still support the older bbcode code tags.

raccoon  -  Jan 16, 2015

@Hawkee : could you limit Notices count to 1 per thread? For instance, I had "4" notices from just the 4 replies to this thread. It should have registered as "1".

Hawkee  -  Jan 16, 2015

@raccoon I'll take that into consideration, but I think it might be nice to know there have been 4 replies at a glance.

Scakk  -  Jan 16, 2015

For me it does not work right. As stated above all it has is the word code inside [].

Hawkee  -  Jan 17, 2015

Can you show me the thread in question?

raccoon  -  Jan 17, 2015

@hawkee : It's just the familiar behavior used by Facebook, web forums, and various mobile apps. A single thread can get carried away causing 20 or 30 notifications and you think that many interesting things are going on -- only its not :(

Hawkee  -  Jan 17, 2015

@raccoon You have a point, but I still think it's good to get an email for each new comment.

raccoon  -  Jan 17, 2015

I do have emails turned off for comments, only on for messaging. :) Though I think only 1 email per day per thread, batched in digests would be my preference.

Scakk  -  Jan 19, 2015

I had to change from using code tags to quote tags so I can not show you a current thread.

Hawkee  -  Jan 19, 2015

@Scakk I see the problem. I'll try to address it, but next time maybe ask the poster to ask the question on the new forum so we can all learn from their question.

Scakk  -  Jan 19, 2015

"New Forum" ?

Hawkee  -  Jan 20, 2015

@Scakk The site works very much like Twitter now in that you create threads from the homepage instead of the old forum.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.