Hawkee   -  Dec 13, 2014

I've been considering what to do about the Projects/Scripts section and I believe the best course of action is to convert them to the new page format. Files currently hosted on Hawkee will be grandfathered in with no future support for file storage. Sites like GitHub are better suited for hosting. This will allow me to permanently shut that section down and reduce the need to keep those themes and styles up to date. Let me know if you have any thoughts of concerns on this matter.

mlky  -  Dec 22, 2014

Does this mean that hawkee.com is only for getting help with scripts now? I'm not sure where to post my scripts for people to find and use.

Hawkee  -  Dec 22, 2014

You've got the right idea. You create a page for scripts, snippets, and articles. The site isn't for questions though. Many folks seem to be confused by this.

raccoon  -  Jan 07, 2015

If it were possible, I'd like to see some light-weight hosting kept available, and download platters embed on the page just as any code block does.

Hawkee  -  Jan 07, 2015

I was considering adding some markdown for a button, but there is no need to offer hosting anymore. GitHub has that covered in spades and is the best hosting solution for development projects.

raccoon  -  Jan 08, 2015

Things posted to Hawkee are less "development projects" and more "here's something I wrote, enjoy." :) Not that I do it, but seems most people like to bundle script packages into a .zip file that's ready to roll. Though I can understand if you have bandwidth concerns.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.