Dillie-O   -  Dec 08, 2014

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, Zurb just released a "Foundation for Apps" framework. Its the same Zurb you know and love, but they've tweaked out even more to be more mobile app friendly and are using AngularJS on the backend to get things going. I'm working on rebuilding a project of mine now to use it. Their CLI tool seems a little buggy for the moment, but if you use the standard node/bower/bundler install route, you should be okay.

http://foundation.zurb.com/apps/

Hawkee  -  Dec 08, 2014

I like it! I spent quite a lot of time testing various off-canvas navigation options. This would have saved me a lot of time. I don't think I'll be replacing Bootstrap here on Hawkee any time soon, but I may consider Foundation for future projects.

Dillie-O  -  Dec 09, 2014

Yeah, something of this scale isn't a quick change over, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll play out. I'm adding extra headache by merging it into a .Net WebAPI app framework, but it's something else to learn 8^D

Hawkee  -  Dec 09, 2014

I'm wonder how difficult it would be to transition a Bootstrap 3 site over to Foundation. There has to be some overlap. Now if your app framework doesn't have a CSS framework you're taking a step in the right direction.

From what I've seen, both are using a 12 column infrastructure, but class naming is different. Zurb likes a friendlier naming convention, such as class="small twelve columns" where bootstrap goes with something like "sm-12-col". I know bootstrap has more components, but a lot of them are similar. Be interested to dig deeper (or google an article) on the transition.

Hawkee  -  Dec 09, 2014

Interesting, so 3 different classes rather than one.

Yeah, though I think techincally it is two. I think it is twelve-columns. Need to pull up my code, just trying to remember off the top of my head 8^D

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.