Hawkee   -  Dec 01, 2014

So when I was considering the terminology for "Pages" the idea to use "Stories" crossed my mind, but I nixed it because it doesn't necessarily imply something instructional. I'm starting to reconsider that. What do you think about using the term "Story" to represent a page?

BlueThen  -  Dec 02, 2014

I think it'll be a lot more confusing for new content creators.

What's supposed to go in a "Story"? Is it supposed to be a narrative?

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

That's where I'm concerned about creating confusion. I'd be using it to represent an article. It just sounds more modern to say "Story" rather than "Article"

Dillie-O  -  Dec 02, 2014

I'm all for the story mindset, but I agree that it doesn't quite seem to fit here. I do like the concept of Articles, since Pages seems really "heavy and long form" to me whereas articles can cover a wide variety of things are not necessarily long.

Kinda funny how we're discussing nomenclature/syntax these days 8^D

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

I think "Articles" gets the point across the most clearly, but I just feel that word has been killed by spammers and link farms over the years. Maybe it's time to re-invent the term.

Dillie-O  -  Dec 02, 2014

Yeah, that's a good point. But when people are already invested in the site I don't think it'll be that much of a concern.

duckz  -  Dec 02, 2014

Confusing indeed - came in yesterday first time back here since these changes created a page and now its gone... guessing I did something wrong and it was deleted as a result?

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

@duckz Yes, it was removed because pages aren't meant to be used for questions.

duckz  -  Dec 02, 2014

So where / how does one ask a question and seek assistance?

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

This isn't necessarily a Q&A site, but you can create a thread to ask questions.

duckz  -  Dec 02, 2014

Ahhhh my bad been coming here for years for Q/A - sorry. When I click on "threads" the only option that shows is "create page" which you say I shouldn't use ... should that say "create thread" instead?

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

Thank you for mentioning that. I now see where the confusion is. You need to go to the Homepage and click Create Thread below the Activity Stream heading.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.