Dillie-O   -  Dec 01, 2014

Anybody work with Firefox Developer Edition yet? So far I've enjoyed it, though the Mac version has issues quitting from time to time. Not a lot different from Chrome, but I find it a little bit easier to navigate around with.

Hawkee  -  Dec 01, 2014

Just gave it a look and it has some nice features. The 3D view offers an interesting perspective, but I'm not sure if I'd use that for anything. I think the most useful feature is the responsive view. Apple should add that to Safari. The main thing that bugged me was the dark theme, but I figured out how to turn that off, so I might just try this for a project or two.

Dillie-O  -  Dec 02, 2014

I guess I'm weird, I really liked the dark theme, but have been doing that for a long time now in Visual Studio. It seems like the "remote device" debugging tool offers some potential as well, but I need to actually hook that up to something to try out 8^D

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

I saw that and thought it was more than it really is. I was hoping it was something like browserstack. Now that would be awesome.

Hawkee  -  Dec 02, 2014

I'm waiting for a feature to drag borders between divs to play with padding and margins. And how about pinch to zoom font sizes. Then when I've got things the way I like them I want a CSS diff view to change the actual files. Better yet, I'd like to tell the browser the local path to my CSS files and have it update them for me. Now that would be a development browser.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.