BlueThen   -  Nov 30, 2014

I've been spending my spare time for the past couple of months redoing my portfolio.

I'm not very experienced with design, but this is turning into something that I'm feeling pretty good about.

Any feedback/opinions appreciated!

Edit: You can view the website live at http://bluethen.com/portfolio4/

Hawkee  -  Nov 30, 2014

I appreciate that its responsive, but the theme does feel somewhat plain. It is workable at least. I watched the TRANSFORM video and it must be nice to have such neat toys to play with!

BlueThen  -  Nov 30, 2014

Thanks!

I really wanted a "clean" and "simple" feel for the whole design. Do you have any recommendations for how to make it seem less plain?

Sorasyn  -  Nov 30, 2014

Perhaps instead of links being underlined, add in some CSS pizzazz on clickable items.

Hawkee  -  Nov 30, 2014

Bigger fonts, more whitespace. Check the article I posted the other day about design. Very useful information.

BlueThen  -  Dec 01, 2014

My fonts were originally bigger, but one of my designer friends told me that it was too cramped.

I saw your article when you originally posted it. Very helpful!

Will post a new version of the website later, when I get around to making some other changes. I'm hoping to get it done before tomorrow.

Hawkee  -  Dec 01, 2014

Big fonts only work with lots of padding. Looking forward to seeing the improvements. I'm working on a huge overhaul to Hawkee and I can relate. Coming up with a nice, modern design is quite a challenge.

BlueThen  -  Dec 01, 2014

http://jaredcounts.com/

I increased the line height for text to help with spacing. Also added titles to individual pages.

Hawkee  -  Dec 01, 2014

Still far too cramped all around. Have a look at Huge, they've done a very nice job. You might even want to incorporate some parallax to accentuate your content. Have a look at Skrollr and Parallax.js.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.