^WeSt commented on a Page, JSON for MIRC  -  Nov 24, 2014

There is an bug on line 270 when the $com has too big data results return an /set line too long error, so i suggest to change it to:

%res = $left($com(%com).result,4098)

ProIcons  -  Nov 24, 2014

Whatsoever this is not a bug. It's just Limitation of mIRC getting strings up to 4098 Characters. by doing that you may destroy the json array, and make it impossible for the parser to read. Furthermore you won't have the desired results in any case.

^WeSt  -  Nov 24, 2014

i know that the mirc has an limitation but some $json data results have more than 4098 characters so the JSON return an error on because is trying to set the %res with more than 4098 so the only way is to read only 4098 characters instead to return an error, and of course the desired results will not be the correct but its not an code fault but mirc's one.

ProIcons  -  Nov 24, 2014

He can handle errors with :error tag and $error Identifier.

Denny966  -  Nov 27, 2014

As ^WeSt mentioned, it's not the fault of the code, but mIRC itself gives an error when the data is longer than 4098 characters. I don't think this will destroy the json array, this will only limit the returning string to 4098 characters (correct me if I'm wrong)

The $left may be a temptorary fix until the dev fixes it. I have posted this problem before http://hawkee.com/thread/118182

SReject  -  Jan 07, 2015

This is now fixed. For results longer than mIRC's text-length limit, the result is trimmed to 4000 bytes and $json().error is filled

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.