Dillie-O   -  Nov 11, 2014

Suggestion for page editor: How hard would it be to have a hotkey or button on the side that brings up the Markdown shortcuts. I really like MD but I'm still trying to remember them all 8^D

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

I wrote a page, Hawkee Flavored Markdown, but I was considering where to put a button to it. I don't want to clutter the control bar with a help button. I think it's easy enough to search the internet for Markdown support though.

Dillie-O  -  Nov 11, 2014

Nice reference [:: bookmarked ::] I don't think adding another button to the sidebar there would be too intrusive. You could also target the page to open in a new tab so those that need it have a quick reference.

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

If I see a nice implementation of a help button somewhere I might just go for it. It could be as simple as a little question mark in a small circle.

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

I just had a thought. If you ever see a GitHub readme.md that looks nice check the source. Sometimes I'll see a nice, presentable readme on there and it'll give me formatting ideas.

I'll keep an eye out. In the meantime, I've always liked how Feedly allows you to hit the ? key and it brings up a list of hotkey commands. Maybe something similar to that.

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

That is nice, but how did you know to press the ? key? That may interfere with the text entry though, so it needs a modifier key.

I forget exactly. I think it was in the "new user" page or a "tips and tricks" blog post that had it. Maybe for a while there was some text somewhere that indicated it. It's been around for a long time.

Hawkee  -  Nov 11, 2014

I had considered doing hotkeys for the editor. A little modal like that would be a good place to list them. I just need to consider a good modifier.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.