Hawkee   -  Oct 27, 2014

I've been playing with the colors a doing some fine tuning. I realize some have said they prefer the dark header, but I feel like the lighter scheme is somewhat growing on me. I may experiment with the existing colors, the new logo and the new font to see how it looks.

^WeSt  -  Oct 27, 2014

Nice but here the logo did not changed. :P it's the old one!

ProIcons  -  Oct 27, 2014

How do you attach an Image to a post? It seems all my images got lost from my Snippets... [img] tag seems to not working anymore, and it hasn't converted to the new standards

Hawkee  -  Oct 27, 2014

@ProIcons The img tags should be automatically converted to Markdown. I haven't implemented image uploading to the new page editor, but I may do that soon. You can still display external images using Markdown. Do you have a page that isn't working properly that you'd like me to have a look at?

Hawkee  -  Oct 27, 2014

@^WeSt I haven't changed the site yet. I'm just sharing screenshots.

ProIcons  -  Oct 27, 2014

http://hawkee.com/snippet/10109/ ,
Also my profile pic lost lol

Hawkee  -  Oct 27, 2014

@ProIcons There you go! Thank you for catching that. It was a bug in our parser. As for your profile pic, it seems your gravatar link is no longer valid. Maybe it's broken on GitHub as well? You can upload a photo directly to Hawkee to solve it.

SReject  -  Oct 28, 2014

Small critique: In the header "Explore" and "Profile" make "Hawkee" look as though its vertical alignment is off. Move said links away from it, or increase the feather logo size and align the "Hawkee" text with the rest of the header

Hawkee  -  Oct 28, 2014

@SReject Yes, i haven't adjusted those links yet. I'm still considering what to do about them. I may just bring them down to the level of the logo.

ProIcons  -  Oct 28, 2014

You could make a "Beta Testers" Section, and allow some of us to test your changes before you push them into the main site, in order to be sure that you won't have any bugs on your code, and everything would work as expected. Take the example of my snippet and your parser bug, that wasn't showing the images.

Hawkee  -  Oct 28, 2014

@ProIcons While that's a good idea, I don't think we've got a strong enough userbase to support it. I have done that in the past, but it didn't get viewed by many folks and some bugs still got through.

^WeSt  -  Oct 28, 2014

@Hawkee try it and some of active users will help you sure +1 me :P @ProIcons idea is good.

afp_romania  -  Oct 29, 2014

personaly, it's too white the website, and changing the tob bg to same color, will be awfull. The text is gray, and i not a relaxing reading. i must change my display position to read corectly.

Hawkee  -  Oct 29, 2014

@afp_romania Thank you for the feedback. Do you have any suggestions?

ProIcons  -  Oct 30, 2014

Make it like a Terminal Black, Also remove any UI contents, and implement everything on commands through terminal , LOL

afp_romania  -  Oct 30, 2014

@Hawkee you can try to make 2 styles = one white, one black. The white one created by you, is ok, but not for me. You can try to make a black one, in an ambient manner, like visual studio, black theme, or something like that.

Hawkee  -  Oct 30, 2014

I'm considering an unlockable customization feature to change the colors of the site on an individual basis. For example I can offer customizable code themes.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.