Sjoepele commented on a Page, Strike system for link protection [Twitch.tv]  -  Aug 13, 2014

Okay i drove myself nuts with the variables so i decided to do it differently. Used userlevels to check wheter or not someone has posted before and it's working pretty well. Also merged the domain 'pods' into one paragraph for a cleaner look and merged the toggle on/off function into a single event. Starting to look like something now

on *:text:!links*:#: {
  if ($nick isop #) {
    if ($2 == on) {
      if (%links) {
        msg # Link protection is already enabled
        return
      }
      else {
        msg # Link protection enabled
        set %links On
        return
      }
    }
    if ($2 == off) {
      if (%links) {
        msg # Link protection disabled
        unset %links on
        return
      }
      else {
        msg # Link protection is already disabled
        return
      }
    }
    else { msg # ' $+ $2 $+ ' is not a valid function. use '!links on' to enable link protection and '!links off' to disable it again. }
  }
}

on *:text:!permit*:#: {
  if ($nick isop #) {
    if (%links) {
      set -u30 %permit $addtok(%permit,$2,32)
      msg $chan You have 30 seconds to post a link, $2
    }
  }
}

on +201:text:*:#: {
  if ($nick isop #) { return }
  if ($istok(%permit,$nick,32)) { return }
  if (%links) {
    if (*www.* iswm $1- || *http://* iswm $1- || *.com* iswm $1- || *.tv* iswm $1- || *.nl* iswm $1- || *.sh* iswm $1- || *.net* iswm $1- || *.me* iswm $1-) {
      .ruser 201 $nick
      msg # /timeout $nick 86400
      msg # That was your 3rd link. Try again tomorrow, $nick [Link] [24h]
      return
    }
  }
}
on +200:text:*:#: {
  if (%links) {
    if (*www.* iswm $1- || *http://* iswm $1- || *.com* iswm $1- || *.tv* iswm $1- || *.nl* iswm $1- || *.sh* iswm $1- || *.net* iswm $1- || *.me* iswm $1-) {
      .ruser 200 $nick | .auser 201 $nick | .timermsg 1 3600 .ruser 201 $nick
      msg # /timeout $nick 
      msg # No links without permission, $nick $+ ! [Link] [Timeout]
      return
    }
  }
}
on *:text:*:#: {
  if ($nick == PUT CASTER HERE) { return }
  if (%links) {
      msg $chan /timeout $nick 10
      msg $chan Please ask permission before posting a link, $nick [Link] [Warning]
      .auser 200 $nick | .timermsg 1 3600 .ruser 200 $nick
      return
    }
  }
} 

**It will check for perms first, if someone has no permission/is not OP it will proceed to check for links. If links are detected it will timeout the sender and give them a higher userlevel. The higher userlevel, the higher punishment. (1 link gets you userlevel 200 and a purge. 2 links get you userlevel 201 and a 10 minute timeout, the third link gets you a 24h ban and resets the userlevel) In the last paragraph you'll notice i have added an extra check for the caster. I did this because it takes Twitch IRC some time for it to send out modes and the last thing you want is have your bot try to time a caster for posting links in his own channel :P

Pretty proud of my first doodle. I think this is about the best i can get it without diving head first into regex, which i dont know aaaanything about. If you have any suggestions to make it better, or if i overlooked something, please let me know ^_^

Nephurus  -  Aug 23, 2014

A very interesting set up. how has it been working for you?

Sjoepele  -  Aug 25, 2014

Its working out great :) only the timermsges are borking. I made that so people would eventually lose their 'strike' level, but meh.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.