Hawkee   -  Mar 07, 2014

I'm considering adjusting the Explore page to be more indicative of our goal here to offer a more diverse selection of code snippets. In other words I'm considering excluding mIRC snippets and all of the apps and scripts. Many of the apps are spam and most of the scripts are mIRC, so I'd like to see more snippets pertaining to more modern platforms like jQuery, Bootstrap and even Go. Of course the mIRC snippets will still show up on the snippets page, so they'll be readily available.

Hawkee  -  Mar 07, 2014

I'm giving this a try right now. I like the results much better, so I'm going to give the homepage a prominent explore button.

Sorasyn  -  Mar 07, 2014

Sounds like a good idea. I do relish the opportunity to see something other than an mIRC project on the front page. Most of them are just reverberations of the same types of snippets anyhow.

Hawkee  -  Mar 07, 2014

It won't be updated as often, but hopefully this encourages more people to post non-mIRC code. It'll get a much more prominent place on the site.

Typo  -  Mar 11, 2014

On the subject, why doesn't the PHP snippet I posted 5 days ago show in the Explore page even tho others do and there are snippets showing that were posted since mine but are not on the main page even tho mine is?

Hawkee  -  Mar 11, 2014

Your own snippets and those of the people you follow show up on your homepage. If somebody isn't following you or they aren't logged in it'll show up on the Explore page.

Typo  -  Mar 11, 2014

Oh :) Makes sense when you explain it but I'm willing to bet this will not be the last time you answer this question :).

Hawkee  -  Mar 11, 2014

The idea is that Explore introduces you to snippets and members that you aren't familiar with. It wouldn't make sense to include yourself and those that you're following.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.