damaks commented on a Page, Weather script for mIRC  -  Feb 27, 2014

Hi, great script, but could you please make metric version? Than it would be prefect!
Thanks!

eqrunner  -  Mar 11, 2014

There is already metric in the script. if you comment out the 'unset' at the very bottom in the alias 'WUCLEANUP' . Run the script, and look at all the variables tab for all the available results. Then simply modify the msg %wu_chan Lines in the alias 'WU_SOCKCLOSE' to adapt to your likeing. A simple of change of things like "%wu_windchill_f" to "%wu_windchill_c", or "%wu_visibility_mi" to %wu_visibility_km" would work as a simple fix.

I do have intentions at some point to give an option in the beginning of the script to select Imperial or Metric as the 'primary.' But that would result in a lot of adjustment to the code. Along with each user who uses my code may have a different audience who lives in different locations. But I will keep this in mind. [As I write this, I could see my self adding to the !weather REGISTER function a way to also specify your preferred measurement scale. I will continue to ponder this one]

damaks  -  Mar 11, 2014

yes i have changed all eg. %wu_windchill_f to %wu_windchill_c" , and everything works great except !forecast . with that i cant do anything about, it always shows in imperial units

eqrunner  -  Mar 13, 2014

Forecast has it. You need to use the #wu_fcttext_metric variable.

damaks  -  Mar 14, 2014

thx! :)

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.