Sorasyn   -  Feb 12, 2014

Holy spam.

Hawkee  -  Feb 12, 2014

Wow, they sure went overboard this time.. I'm going to write something to auto-delete this sort of account for now.

Hawkee  -  Feb 12, 2014

And in one fell swoop all 40 spam accounts are deleted. I wrote a script to delete any accounts with no followers or likes who only posted threads with links in them over the past 4 days. I'll put this on the crontab and that should make for a good temporary solution. There is a chance it'll catch a real account, so don't post links in your first post without earning some likes first.

Hawkee  -  Feb 13, 2014

Wow, 6 more accounts just 5 minutes after I did this. They're quite aggressive. Maybe they'll let up now that it does them no good to try.

Sorasyn  -  Feb 13, 2014

The spam's getting a little out of control if I may be so honest. I know fixes are on the way, but really. Forty accounts in a span of only a few hours and counting?

Hawkee  -  Feb 13, 2014

I agree. It seems we've become a spam target. I've confirmed at least one spam program that includes Hawkee on the list of sites it spams. I think its a good thing. It's motivating me to implement the point/reward system this site sorely needs.

Hawkee  -  Feb 13, 2014

The only thing it doesn't catch are junk posts without links. That's where a moderator perk will come in handy for high point earners.

Sorasyn  -  Feb 13, 2014

Moderator Perk?

Hawkee  -  Feb 13, 2014

Yes, maybe after 1000 points you can flag posts. With a couple flags a post can be hidden.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.