Sorasyn   -  Feb 11, 2014

Just got done re-wiring the desktop for the second time, and they still look somewhat astray. Knocked 5c off my processor temps, and dug up some strange problems booting into Windows though. Odd.

Hawkee  -  Feb 11, 2014

Looks nice and clean. Either it's all brand new or you're really good at keeping the dust out.

Sorasyn  -  Feb 11, 2014

It's about six months old. I built it at the end of the summer last year. It's got a few filters, but the water cooler radiator was filthy when I pulled it out moments ago.

Hawkee  -  Feb 11, 2014

I used to build PCs back in the day. It was enjoyable, but then it became a little too time consuming. Bought my first Powerbook G4 and I haven't looked back. I'm on my 3rd Apple laptop in 10 years.

Sorasyn  -  Feb 11, 2014

I built this one as a gaming, and/or all purpose computer. I bought my sister's Macbook Pro, and played on it a little bit. I must admit, it was really nice. I think when I get a new laptop I might invest in a 13" retina Macbook Pro.

Hawkee  -  Feb 11, 2014

Which MBP is it? I bought a rMBP last year and I love it. The retina display is the best thing to come to laptops in the past 10 years IMO.

Sorasyn  -  Feb 12, 2014

It is a late 2012 model MBP 13" Retina. It didn't look all that much better than the 1280x800 at face value. At best the text is sharper, but everything is still the same size, proportional wise. Guess I can't really attest to it all that much. I've not played with it but maybe ten minutes.

Hawkee  -  Feb 12, 2014

Yes, the resolution doesn't change. It just provides a much more crisp experience. Once you use it a bit more you'll really learn to appreciate it. I love how crisp websites look.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.