Sorasyn   -  Jan 16, 2014

Yeesh, I need a program to backup my Minecraft worlds more often. This is the second time this week I've had to fix the world, or restore to a previous version. >.>

Hawkee  -  Jan 17, 2014

I use Minecraft Region Fixer to remove corrupt chunks or delete excessive entities. It's been a life saver.

Sorasyn  -  Jan 17, 2014

I used MCEdit which fixed it somehow. My entire world crashed when I looked up a recipe in Not Enough Items, afterwards my world wouldn't even show up in Minecraft. Lost all my held items in the process though that was probably my fault.

Hawkee  -  Jan 19, 2014

MCEdit just isn't viable for me. My world is about 7gb and it's hosted online.

Sorasyn  -  Jan 19, 2014

I had never used a world fixer before, so I jumped on the first tool I came across in the diagnosis.

7GB is a pretty big world given that it's vanilla Minecraft. I'm assuming that's probably from your MC server TreesTop. The biggest world (single player, mind you) I've had was a 1.47GB world with ~30ish mods installed.

Hawkee  -  Jan 20, 2014

Yep, that's my multiplayer server.

Sorasyn  -  Jan 20, 2014

Do you ever do world resets on your server? Have all your players start over from scratch?

Hawkee  -  Jan 20, 2014

I did that in the past, but not with my current server. I like maintaining the history. It's fun to go back and look at builds from over a year ago.

Sorasyn  -  Jan 20, 2014

I could see that. I like to zip up and save my worlds when I move on to a new world. Always kinda cool to go back and look at the structures and machinery.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.