NotFaux commented on a Page, !IMDB Movie Search  -  Oct 29, 2013

Would it be possible to add another command, or maybe change the purpose of @imdb to show something other than %lineone %linetwo and %linethree? The reason I ask is because !imdb messages the channel using these settings:
var %lineone otitle rating genres runtime
var %linetwo shortplot
var %linethree director writer country language

But I would also like to have an @imdb that would show different information, preferably a review if that's at all possible? I tried adding this myself but if I'm honest, even tinkering with this script I'm out of my depth, I couldn't possibly add anything to it.

I understand that this is quite a big request, and therefore may not be possible, but I figured it's at least worth asking about.

Thanks in advance for any reply, and thank you very much for this fantastic script.

FordLawnmower  -  Oct 31, 2013

@NotFaux A script showing external reviews would be impossible unless you just wanted the links.
A script showing user reviews would be possible , but it would be a script independent of this one.
This script only reads the main page and user reviews are on a separate page.
It sounds interesting and I think it would make a very nice script but I simply don't have time to make it right now.
If you contact me on irc and post it in my channel as a request, I'll log it and get to it at some point in the future.
I addition, someone else in the channel may feel like coding something and write it for you.
irc.geekshed.net #Script-Help

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.