Menteroth commented on a Page, Random Jokes Plus Facts  -  Oct 07, 2013

How can I change the output to channel?
I tried changing "sockmark %s .msg # $regml(1)" to like "sockmark %s .msg # Fun Fact: $regml(1)" but it didn't work.

blackvenomm666  -  Oct 07, 2013

it is already set to msg the channel

Menteroth  -  Oct 07, 2013

I know but I want to add "Fun Fact:" in front of the message. you didn't read my question properly. :)

Yawhatnever  -  Oct 07, 2013

You didn't phrase the question very well.

$regml(1) on line 7 would contain either "joke" or "fact". The script needs to know that later. That's not where you should be making changes.

They tokenized $sock($sockname).mark on line 18, so $1-2 contains '.msg #'. I haven't fully examined the script, but I believe you should be focusing on lines 50 & 56.

Menteroth  -  Oct 08, 2013

How would you phrase the qestion instead of "How can I change the output to channel?"?

And you obviously saw I was tampering with the wrong line in the script. I don't see anything wrong with the question itself though.
I am not very good at scripting so of course I made that mistake.

Ah okay. Thanks. Not even sure where I can add the extra text that I want there either. I'll just try randomly and see what works.

Edit: Added the extra text I wanted with some random testing. Thanks for pointing out which lines.

Menteroth  -  Oct 08, 2013

it does give me "1F27 Unknown command"
when I added " $1-2 Fun fact: $remove($gettok($v1,11-,32),24c6)" on line 50 though.
but still sends what I want to the channel.

(10:29:14) (menteroth) !facts
(10:29:15) (mentbot) Fun fact: The human eye blinks an average of 4,200,000 times a year.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.