Hawkee   -  Oct 02, 2013

I've been thinking about adding contributors and roles to projects. That way projects with multiple developers can describe their contribution. Technically they'll work just like threads, but they'll need to be approved by other contributors. This can give developers the ability to post projects that they don't necessarily own, but that they've worked on. What are your thoughts?

Hawkee  -  Oct 02, 2013

This could also help alleviate the spam iPhone and Android app posts we've been seeing lately. When prompted to describe their contribution they might be less likely to post when they don't have a contribution.

Sorasyn  -  Oct 03, 2013

Sounds like a good idea. It certainly adds a level of complexity to submitting projects, and might encourage more to share their larger pieces of work here. Break way from the "snippet" demographic in a way.

Hawkee  -  Oct 03, 2013

Yes, I'd like for developers to have the freedom to share anything they're working on. I may even do private projects so contributors can collaborate over a project among themselves.

Hawkee  -  Oct 03, 2013

I just had another thought to allow for snippets to be posted to projects. This could be useful for usage and documentation.

blackvenomm666  -  Oct 05, 2013

Sounds like a good idea to me

Hawkee  -  Oct 05, 2013

I've been giving this some more thought and one consideration is to add a new post method above called "Project Contribution". It will be like a new thread except you'll need to enter the URL to the project. If there is no matching project in our database you'll be prompted to add some additional information about the project before describing your contribution.

Sorasyn  -  Oct 11, 2013

Would private projects be accessible from external applications so we'd be able to download and upload files as apart of the project? With this, grant people access to project files for contributions, etc.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.