Menteroth commented on a Page, twitch.tv basic commands for mIRC  -  Sep 23, 2013

you can always add a "url -an http://www.twitch.tv/ $+ $$1" for nicklist too. just like in twitch chat.

Yawhatnever  -  Sep 23, 2013

Good idea, thanks.

Menteroth  -  Sep 23, 2013

you're welcome.
don't know how much you want to add, some or everything available in twitch. there is also a command called "modcaps" for the channel. which deletes accessive caps. and then of course you have ignore in nicklist too. but like I said. don't know how much you want to add. :)

in my menu I also added a clear menu that clears both IRC and twitch chat with the same choice. if you want it to work just like in the twitch chat. since mIRC doesn't clear by that command. just a few tips if you want to add.

Yawhatnever  -  Sep 23, 2013

I wasn't aware of the modcaps command. I may add it in the future. I don't see it listed on the chat moderation commands page and I don't see any buttons for it when in the chat. Is it new?

Personally I wouldn't be clearing my own window if I were using mIRC; I'd be doing it to clear spam for other users. It's just a matter of typing /clear if somebody wants their own window cleared, so I'm going to leave that part as it is.

mIRC's built in ignore functions work fine for twitch. As you said, they're already in the nick list.

There's an r9k mode in beta testing that you might be interested in. I haven't added it, but if it's made official I will.
http://blog.xkcd.com/2008/01/14/robot9000-and-xkcd-signal-attacking-noise-in-chat/
Commands: /r9kbeta and /r9kbetaoff

Menteroth  -  Sep 23, 2013

it might have been removed then. haven't checked lately. I added it a few months back.

yeah it's quite simple. were just thinking of new people using IRC that want it simple.

ah yeah. forgot about that.

hmm. not sure what that is. too much text to read now to try and figure out what it is. watching e-sports at the moment. :)

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.