Savage_CL commented on a Page, Incomplete Picture Window Editor "PWEDitor v1.0 Beta"  -  Aug 09, 2013

Well a small piece to a big puzzle... There's code that will calculate the width for you. From the help docs:

$width(text,font,size,B,C)

Returns width of text in pixels for the specified font.

If B is non-zero, the font is bold, if C is non-zero, control codes are processed. Both B and C are optional.

Note: If you use a negative number for the font size, it will match the size of fonts in the font dialog.

Scriptalias  -  Aug 09, 2013

That helped thanks. Im actually close to finishing the event editor since I posted this. Once i complete that to handle the controls that are enabled now. I would then continue to design and implement the rest of the controls for the toolbar then add them to the event editor.

I dont know if you could point me in a direction to find dlls to debug mircscript *.mrc files? i need a way to debug the event editor scripts inside of the editor. I would simply place a text box that runs horizontal on the bottom of the dialog to act a debug window to display any errors before any changes are saved. I dont want to have to try and write a debug dll file on my own... that can take some time.

Savage_CL  -  Aug 09, 2013

Actually, it's not a DLL, but a whole program, called mSLDev. You can find it at http://msldev.com/

A friend of mine, Wiz126, created it, and all of my serious mSL development happens there. It's a fully fledged IDE (similar in concept to Eclipse) dedicated to mSL. I suggest you try it out!

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.