TomBobBlender commented on a Page, Twitter Stream  -  Jul 13, 2013

Whenever I receive a mention, it continuously repeats said tweet in my @Screenname status window, as well as a "$tip (line 148)" error in the IRC status window. It also halts regular tweets from coming through. Any ideas?

FordLawnmower  -  Jul 13, 2013

@TomBobBlender It would help to see the whole error. Can you post it please.

TomBobBlender  -  Jul 13, 2013

the whole error is through a status window - * Invalid parameters: $tip (line 148, Twitter.mrc)

FordLawnmower  -  Jul 13, 2013

@TomBobBlender It was a bug. Fixed now.
Updated

TomBobBlender  -  Jul 14, 2013

It now imports my tweets down (not the @Mentions) to the Example Output window and seems to continuously loop the importing, causing mIRC to crash or needing to press the break key to halt the script.

FordLawnmower  -  Jul 14, 2013

@TomBobBlender First off. What is the "Example Output window" ? What do you mean by imports ?
What this script does is gets your timeline and displays it to the @Twitter window. If one of the tweets contains your screenname, as defined by the alias at the top of the script, it will be displayed in the @Myscreenname window. This script does not get your @mentions.
Please take some time and describe your problem so I can understand it. Not what it seems to do, but what you actually see. Screenshots would be helpful. Also please post your mIRC version and any other information that might be relevant.

the 'Example Output' window I was referring to was the window listed in your tutorial (@Twitter window). This is where the timeline (I referred then as imports) comes through. This window loops tweets, causing mIRC to crash. I'm using mIRC 7.32 - Image: http://imgur.com/jt8QFHn - also in the @Myscreenname window: http://i.imgur.com/dP40jG3.png - Observation: the first tweet in both windows are the same. If the script is turned off then on again, the same timeline comes through.

Do you have any errors in status ? Do you have any scripts loaded that could conflict with this one ? ie. another script that uses twitters api.
Is this script in a remote by it's self (With no other code) ?
Can you try loading the script to a clean mIRC and see if you still have a problem ?
Can you pls type /timers and paste the result back here ?
Can you try setting your delay to 90 seconds or more ?
I have tested this script with 7.32 with no issues.

There are no errors in the status window. I had many scripts loaded, but none of them would make use of Twitter's API for sure. To make sure, I loaded this script without any other scripts loaded (and restarted mIRC) and the problem continued. - http://imgur.com/bfS0xN4 I did, however, try launching a clean mIRC in a virtual machine and it ran perfectly fine. - http://imgur.com/LNXARaj

@TomBobBlender I don't see any problems in those screen shots. Do you see a problem in the screenshot ?
What is your windows version ?

Windows 7 Home Premium. Very odd. I've been using your script for a few months with no problems. This only started happening once the script was updated with Twitter's new API. I can't seem to figure out what could be bothering it. The virtual machine is running XP.

@TomBobBlender I have this running with win 7 and mIRC 7.32 with no problems. I'm guessing that their could be a conflict with a global variable in another script. So , in theory, the other script would keep changing the variable causing a loop.
I made some small changes to the code and made some of the local variables more descriptive.
Please try the updated code and let me know if there is any change.
Make sure you unload the script with the /unload command (/unload -rs scriptname.mrc) or unload it from the file menu in the scripts editor. This will remove the old hashtable and delete the old .hsh file.
Alternately you could type : //hfree -s mirctwitter | remove mirctwitter.hsh
After you have unloaded or ran the command , then try the new code.

I followed all of your steps, and the situation remains unchanged.

Sorry @TomBobBlender , If I can't reproduce the error then I can't help.
Just guessing at it is a waste of time. I'm really not even sure what problem you are having.
I have this script running with zero issues on win 7 with mIRC 7.32.
If there is some information that you can add to this discussion that will help me understand what the problem is, please post it.
I'm out of guesses.
The last screenshots you posted looked totally normal. Do you see something wrong with them ??

this is the last thing I can think of doing - http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cIioVNVaqM - I'm not sure if this will be helpful to you or not, but it's worth a shot.

@TomBobBlender That helps explain the situation. The temp file that is made to read the page might have gotten huge when you were getting $tip errors. So it seems to be looping but it's actually just trying to read a monster file that should have been deleted by the script.
I've updated to code to remove the file each time the socket opens successfully.
Please try the updated code an let me know if this resolves your issues.

All issues have been resolved. Thank you for all of your amazing help and patience. I truly appreciate it. :o)

@TomBobBlender Your welcome and thank you for hanging in there with me :)

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.