ProIcons   -  Jun 23, 2013

@Hawkee i don't know if i mentioned this before, i'm interesting to create an Inbox Function on my Site, like Facebook Style. Conversation Style. At first i thought that i must have 1 database Inbox, with columns: message_id , sender_id , recipient_id , is_message_read(bool), read_date , message_content , date_in_unix_time_message_sent
and to process these first with A SQL Query with "LIMIT" for example the 20 first messages... Filtered by date_in_unix_time_message_sent...
But then i faced a dificulty. How i was supposed to get a number of users sent message with LIMIT without getting the messages of the 1 of the conversation. I mean Lets say i messaged with a user last time 20 messages, and if i want to take for example Messages with the Last 20 users... how i was supposed to take that data, I had to parse with this table ALL The SQL Table [damn a lot of process time] and then with loops to group them.
So have you any idea how to achieve this?

Hawkee  -  Jun 23, 2013

Why not add a parent_message_id field to designate children messages under a thread. That way you can pull unique conversations by selecting those without a parent.

ProIcons  -  Jun 23, 2013

Seems a nice idea. Yeap Why not. If i finaly manage to make it i will attach this to you if you want to embed it on hawkee.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.