PackardBell commented on a Page, twitch.tv basic commands for mIRC  -  Jun 16, 2013

@Yawhatnever
yoyo. The script works: but i'm feeling it kinda useless.
Wouldn't it be better if you can set the script for a bot which sends the messages to a normal IRC network?
And that when someone type something in that chan, his message will be sent to the twitch tv with a [$nick] [msg] or something?
Cause know it kinda feels a little useless to me... :)

Yawhatnever  -  Jun 16, 2013

The purpose of this script is to simplify connecting and joining twitch channels, as well as provide the basic moderation commands (without having to memorize them).

What you describe would be a separate script with a different purpose.

im4k  -  Aug 19, 2013

Hey Ya, I like the script! It works just fine, I even fine tweaked it for myself for a few extra customization's. I'm curious, because I'm kinda script kiddy when it comes to mirc. Was wondering if you could recommend a list of all the commands/syntax that works on mirc as well as twitch chat. I want to tweak my code to work seamlessly with twitch, but I'm having trouble finding good documentation myself. Anything you could recommend? Thanks for your help!

Yawhatnever  -  Aug 19, 2013

Twitch is kind of tricky because they didn't follow many standards. Some scripts might have to be redesigned to account for not having NOTICE or colors. You'll either have to maintain separate versions of scripts if you are on other networks where they're used, or you'll have to change how it responds depending on what connection you're using. $network won't work because Twitch doesn't send the network name on connect, but you can see my workaround in the script above.

I've listed all of the moderation commands for Twitch in the script as well as given the link the the description above. As you can see, most commands are performed with /msg #channel [/.]command - It accepts either '.' or '/' as the command prefix. To perform an action you would have to do /msg #channel .me rather than just /me or /describe #channel.

Colors won't work either. You'll only see the numbers.

Connecting to chat will require an OAuth token soon.

im4k  -  Aug 19, 2013

Thanks for the info Ya, and terrific response time btw! :)

I have noticed that there's a difference between normal mIRC scripting, and what is acceptable in chat on Twitch. I especially notice it when trying to implement standard mIRC scripts and they don't seem to work at all with the Twitch chat (plus Twitch has been kinda buggy recently).

To give you some incite into what I'm doing--I'm trying to create a chat moderation bot that will support link blocking/text commands and such. Also, and the trickiest part I'm having issues with, is creating a way to reward my regular viewers.

Basically every 10 min you stay in chat you get a point/token etc, and then can use accrued points towards raffles in the stream. I need commands that can read/write to a file that keeps track of the users points (I was trying to use .ini for this, but I've read that it's not optimal when having a high viewer count, due to the constant reading/writing to the file.) <I'm not sure how true or false this is. I also need to be able to have owner/mods add/remove points on command, and let viewers !points to see what their balance is and so forth.

And then I need a command to issue a giveaway and to draw a winner from the viewers who enter, giving higher chances to the ones who bid more points/tickets. Eventually I would like to add the ability to trade points among users and have designated regulars to be able to initiate their own giveaways. Further down the road I'd like an XP system where users level up 1-100 just by watching.

I've seen several bots like these, and there's not a lot of documentation on them. Some that I've found are either coded incorrectly, or not very optimized. I'm really just trying to piece things together myself.

If you know of a good script, or just a general what to steer away from, that would be amazing!

Yawhatnever  -  Aug 19, 2013

A hash table should be fine for storing things like that. It sounds pretty straightforward; what don't you understand how to do?

This is kind of getting off topic from both the script and Twitch. If you need general help with your project, I hang around in #mSL on SwiftIRC.

im4k  -  Aug 20, 2013

Alright thanks dude, I'll pop in whenever I get stuck. Thanks for the help!

Dutchs  -  Nov 27, 2013

Pretty useful script, btw you can fix the lowercase channel name bug(not being able to join channel if it has uppercase characters) with something like: "-j $chr(35) $+ $lower($$1)" in the server command, to explain that a bit:
$chr(35) = # , $lower() should be self-explanatory and $$1 being a mandatory parameter, in contrast to $1 being optional.

Yawhatnever  -  Nov 27, 2013

I already convert channel names to lowercase as long as you use the '/twitch ' command. The # is also optional with that command, which it wouldn't be with your example. There's also no need to use $$1 because I've made it open your channel if none is specified.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.