Sorasyn   -  Jun 04, 2013

Been rather quiet recently so; what projects are you guys working on? Anything unique? What language are you developing it with? Do you plan to release it? Things of that nature. :)

I've been fairly busy with work but I've been working on employing some efficiency techniques into my only ongoing C# project, WiFi Sniffer. However I have taken a likening to making HTML website layouts, using CSS, images, among other resources.

Hawkee  -  Jun 06, 2013

I've been mainly focusing on client projects lately. I've had some thoughts about Hawkee and was considering whether we should add titles to threads to make them more forum-like. I've also been considering allowing users to customize their profile and posts like Tumblr.

Sorasyn  -  Jun 06, 2013

Very cool. Do you mainly do web based projects for clientele or do you do some local environment programming as well? I'd like to do some freelance projects on the side, but I don't really have the know-how, or the credentials, to perform most web-based requests.

I guess it depends what way you want to gear your website. Not sure if forum formatted posts would fit in well with the social networking demographic, but it might.

Hawkee  -  Jun 06, 2013

I only do web based projects. You really just need to build a couple sites yourself to practice then if you feel ready take on a small contract job.

Hawkee  -  Jun 06, 2013

I just feel like the threads can sometimes take up too much vertical space. Adding titles can help conform everything to a specific height. Linking to threads would also be more clear with titles. I'm still considering this though.

Sorasyn  -  Jun 06, 2013

I'd almost suggest clearing out some of the stuff that probably belongs in notifications, but I see you have some filters for that sort of thing. Not sure what else to suggest as far displaying stories goes. In some respects you should be able to view stories with minimal amount of clicking, but at the same time, do so without cluttering the page.

Hawkee  -  Jun 06, 2013

One thought I had was to collapse posts to just 2 or 3 lines with a click to expand.

Sorasyn  -  Jun 06, 2013

Perhaps maybe just start trying things out. Something you thought would never work could turn out to be a golden idea.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.