H2O   -  May 28, 2013

I am having the oddest issue. When i try to select a snippet.....it disappears. Not sure what kind of info you would need for this. I am on google chrome.

Hawkee  -  May 28, 2013

What if you click into the box and press control+A to select all?

H2O  -  May 28, 2013

Same thing happens. Or even right click select all.

Hawkee  -  May 28, 2013

Can you go to http://codemirror.net/ and click any of the examples to see if it happens there as well?

H2O  -  May 28, 2013

it does not disappear like it does here. But when i select the code, ether by mouse drag, right click select all, or CTRL-A, The code does not stay selected.

Hawkee  -  May 28, 2013

Do you have any text selection plugins installed for Chrome? Also, are you updated to the latest version? I don't have any trouble with Chrome myself. I'll update the Codemirror we have here to see if that helps.

H2O  -  May 28, 2013

I have pop up blockers and ad removers. nothing for text selection. I am fully updated.

Hawkee  -  May 28, 2013

Any javascript errors?

H2O  -  May 28, 2013

none at all.

H2O  -  May 31, 2013

I tried coping the same script from my work laptop. Dell I5 8 gigs of ram. Windows 7 64 bit. Google chrome. Same exact thing happened.

Hawkee  -  May 31, 2013

I wonder if it could be your ad removers. Chome will usually sync plugins between computers, so it could be one that you have on both computers.

H2O  -  May 31, 2013

i will try disabling them and try.

H2O  -  May 31, 2013

I am not sure what one it was at this point, but that was it. I disabled all and able to select code just fine.

Hawkee  -  Jun 01, 2013

Great! I'm glad we were able to get to the bottom of it.

H2O  -  Jun 01, 2013

Thank you very much for your time and help!!

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.