Sorasyn commented on a Page, Extremely simple Blacklist  -  May 01, 2013

Having to navigate two or three menus just to add or remove a name isn't exactly motivating for those looking for a snippet like this. Unfortunately, feature rich is what attracts potential users, because it's fast, easy, and maintenance free.

At the very least it should have a utility to write the blacklisted names. As it is now, the bl-nicks only echoes a value; not return it. Which means you'd need to run the command, copy the result, add new nicks, and set them. Efficiency is key.

joshschooley444  -  May 01, 2013

I completely agree. But after a very long absence I'm only just starting to get back into mSL and any help would be appreciated. I did it the best way I know how at the time. and to be honest I was happy it even worked. any help would be appreciated.

joshschooley444  -  May 01, 2013

To clarify, I was only a basic scripter before I left and things dont get better when you allow them to wither away. so Im a little rusty. Either way I appreciate the comment. Have a wonderful day/night

Sorasyn  -  May 01, 2013

No problem, and a good day/night to you as well. If you're getting back into coding, might I suggest taking on another mainstream language, like PHP or something? :)

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.