Hawkee   -  Apr 24, 2013

I've just completed a rewrite of the site search. The results are no longer sorted by date and are weighted by the title, likes and age. The title bears a stronger weight than the description or code. Posts will rank higher if they have more likes and are newer. By default threads are excluded from the initial search. Only when there are no snippets or projects will the threads show up.

Hawkee  -  Apr 24, 2013

I've also removed threads from the Explore page. You'll have to click "Threads" to show the most recent threads.

Sorasyn  -  Apr 24, 2013

On a related note, I've noticed a few times on my Nexus 7 tablet, that the navigation bar, specifically the "Explore" button is not so friendly. The resolution isn't small enough to get a drop down of the entire bar, and since I cannot hover on a touchscreen device, it only allows clicking. Just a heads up.

Hawkee  -  Apr 24, 2013

@Sorasyn Thank you, I'll have to adjust that. I plan to eventually do away with those old style snippet, app and script pages. They'll be replaced with the newer format. I just need to add a platform selector.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.