SReject   -  Apr 24, 2013

@Hawkee what are the top 10 most viewed projects/code snippets on hawkee? Since hawkee started, for the last year, and for the last month?

Hawkee  -  Apr 24, 2013

I'd have to run several queries to find that out. I know that my jQuery snippets are the most popular snippets on the site. Generally the non-mIRC code and projects get more traffic because mIRC has such a small audience.

SReject  -  Apr 24, 2013

The reason I ask is because my mIRC spellcheck gets on average, ~50+ views a month, or atleast thats what your statistics say. Seems quite a bit for a two year old snippet and was wondering how it stacked up to other scripts be it mIRC or other

Hawkee  -  Apr 24, 2013

I'm sure most visits are coming from Google. People search for specific snippets and get directed to the page. This snippet gets about 500 pageviews per month.

SReject  -  Apr 24, 2013

Did a little google search.... Turns out, searching for mirc spellcheck puts my snippet from here as the 4th result, and where I posted it on the swiftIRC forums at 5th.... and the first result leads to the mIRC forums where I link to it >.>

Hawkee  -  Apr 24, 2013

So there you go. Goes to show how a properly titled snippet can get a lot more attention.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.