ovelayer commented on a Page, Advanced User stats + Seen Database [BOT]  -  Mar 05, 2013

i found a nick your script doesn't like
i have a user with the nick aux
and i get * /writeini: error accessing file 'C:\L00ker\SRU\Users\AUX.ini' (line 129, seen2)
also if i may
when i do !top10 it shows the top10 users with the most written lines..
how can i change that to display the top10 words instead without having to do !top10 words

SRU  -  Mar 05, 2013

That makes no sense to Me...
shouldn't be and error no mater what nick and especially not on aux that hasn't got any special characters.

But easy fix with TOP10
replace line 31 in the TOP 10

else { set -u7 %TOP-STATS TEXT | set -u7 %TOP-STATS+ $iif(Word isin $1-2,Words,$iif(Char isin $1-2,Characters,Lines)) }

with

else { set -u7 %TOP-STATS TEXT | set -u7 %TOP-STATS+ $iif(Line isin $1-2,Lines,$iif(Char isin $1-2,Characters,Words)) }
ovelayer  -  Mar 05, 2013

with that fix now i get
TOP-20-LOCATION Unknown command

TOP-20 Unknown command
but it does diplay top10 words now lol
how to i remove the part when the bot joins the channel it msg's the chan the topic set by?
i don't want it to do that

edit:
it was my bot not the script..guess i fried it had to rebuild..sorry

SRU  -  Mar 06, 2013

I'm confused... but above "fix" shouldn't be causing any trouble unless I've mistaken the line number.
But let Me know and I'll edit it tomorrow and post the fix... right now heading of to bed after I finish making a mix.

ovelayer  -  Mar 06, 2013

yes it was that line when i replace it with your new one i get the top20 error posted above..when i replace that line with the one just above the posted fix i also get top20 errors...
but when i replace the alias with the orig everything works again
so not sure if its the wrong line or there is an error in the code...
oh and yes replacing the line does make it show the top words but it doesnt update with new counts just stays the same
and for the user that has the nick Aux i get this error

• /writeini: error accessing file 'C:\searchbot\SRU\Users\AUX.ini' (line 129, script2)
    everytime he types in the channel
SRU  -  Mar 07, 2013

Must be error from here when copy/pasting then... I'll fix it in the pastebin tomorrow.
Heading of to bed now... and regarding the Aux error... only thing I can think of that might help it is deleting AUX.ini from the folder...
C:\searchbot\SRU\Users\AUX.ini and see if it keeps coming with errors... if so I don't know but will have a look threw the script if deleting it and trying again didn't work.
But will see if I can find what caused the problem to start with no mater what... but let Me know if deleting it didn't work.

ovelayer  -  Mar 07, 2013

there is no aux.ini
im guessing for some reason it is giving that error because it won't write the ini with that nick

SRU  -  Mar 10, 2013

Sorry for the late reply... My stomach has been hating Me all weekend.
Are you are sure the file doesn't exists ? You have checked the folder to see if it's there or not ?
Cause I've got no idea what would be causing it then... but will have a look at the script and fix the TOP-10 for you.

Don't know when I'll be up for looking threw this... hoping today... but won't promise anything.

EDiT:
Here is the TOP-10 with words instead of lines...
this should hopefully not give you any errors like when copy/pasting from here
EDiT 2:
Here is the database script... I haven't really changed anything here...
but please use this version and let Me know if it's line 130 giving error now or which one is giving error.

ovelayer  -  Mar 10, 2013

no worries im just thankfull for your help.
yes i did check the folder and it doesn't seen to create the file..its weird
the new alias works great thank you very much!

edit:
i did find however i dont think the today stats are accurate.. =(
i think it just repeats the total stats
[12:49am] <!xXBERTOXx> !top10
[12:49am] <!L00ker> Gathering results...One moment please....
[12:49am] <!L00ker> [ TOP-10 ]-[ TOP-TEXTER(s) ] People with most written Words ->
[12:49am] L00ker #1 deathtoll (4099) #2 jaythepirate (3185) #3 Kamei_Eri (2768) #4 xXBERTOXx (2514) #5 wh33lman (2411) #6 Solinari (2283) #7 zener (1610) #8 dasj (1273) #9 tgp (1264) #10 VLDK (1003)
[12:49am] <!xXBERTOXx> !ttop10
[12:49am] <!L00ker> Gathering results...One moment please....
[12:50am] <!L00ker> [ TODAYs ]-[ TOP-TEXTER(s) ] People with most written Words ->
[12:50am] L00ker #1 deathtoll (4057) #2 jaythepirate (3185) #3 Kamei_Eri (2768) #4 xXBERTOXx (2515) #5 wh33lman (2411) #6 Solinari (2283) #7 zener (1610) #8 dasj (1273) #9 tgp (1264) #10 VLDK (1003)

SRU  -  Mar 10, 2013

Might be missing the reset... will look into that.

Reset isn't missing I can see... don't know why there isn't any more difference...
But you can always try removing/renaming 0-TODAY.ini from the TOP10 folder
and let it run for a moment and then check the !TTOP10 to see if it's there the error is.

it was still doing the same thing so i deleted the sru folder and am going to let it run until morning to see if it changes the stats over on a new day

so far using the new database script you gave me the bot crashes at 6 1/2 hrs

SRU  -  Mar 10, 2013

I haven't changed anything in the script besides make a new line for each of the write commands on 129
too see where the error you where getting on aux was exactly... so iDK why it's crashing for you now.
Am guess it's the same "error" as last where mIRC just crashes without any errors ?

yeah

SRU  -  Mar 11, 2013

This is just getting more weird.
Can you PM Me the server your on that most active ?
I'll logon with My Test Client and try fixing something that works for you and see if I can replicate any of the errors your getting.

EDiT:
I just remember I have to help a IRL friend move today... so once again not sure when it will be made.
But if you hook Me up with server address and IRC nick in a PM I'll logon and PM you on the IRC when I start looking at new version.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.