[nas]peter   -  Jan 25, 2013

Now hopefully windows 8 will install on my tablet correctly this time! Stupid upgrade manager doesn't check if you have 16.0 GB free disk space when trying to install... Stupid windows 7 Professional is too big :( Now lets hope the OEM version will work :)

Hawkee  -  Jan 25, 2013

What tablet are you installing onto?

[nas]peter  -  Jan 25, 2013

Viewsonic Viewpad 10Pro

Hawkee  -  Jan 25, 2013

How does Windows 7 run on it? I know the Surface doesn't even run full Windows 8 so it's nice to see a tablet that can run the full OS.

[nas]peter  -  Jan 25, 2013

Windows 7 was laggy at times, but it seemed to run pretty good. But the start button was too small so I decided to go for the live tiles with windows 8 since it was only €29.99 :) so I hope it works fine when it's done installing. But it should be good for a 32-bit PC with 2 GB ram and a 1.5 gHz processor :)

[nas]peter  -  Jan 26, 2013

It's physically capable of running windows 8. It's fast with windows 8 which is nice. However I tried to upgrade it using the upgrade assistent from Microsoft. It has a 32GB SSD in it, Windows 7 Professional takes ~20 GB and Windows 8 doesn't immediately override Windows 7 so I had to crack it a different way. I had to get the OEM version to install it, change the boot sequence and then install Windows 8. I typed in my key... Key not accepted. So I decided to continue without validating it for the time being. Now here comes the fun part, I tried the new interface with the apps, apparently my screen resolution is too low for all of them. Which sucks. I do not like Windows 8 at all. I'm going to contact Microsoft soon because their upgrade assistent should check if it's possible to upgrade (which it wasn't due to disk space) and I think it should've warned me about the resolution so I wouldn't upgrade if I knew those things wouldn't work. Anyway, Windows 8 does work nicely. A good side is, is that my tablet has a battery life of 10 hours so that's great for using it. However even though windows 7 didn't work as good for tablets, I'd still go for that just because it's not being annoying like Windows 8.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.