BlueThen   -  Dec 08, 2012

@Hawkee I uploaded a new avatar quite awhile ago, and it hasn't changed. In fact, the avatar on my profile doesn't match the one in my account settings (which has the newer one).

Hawkee  -  Dec 08, 2012

That was the intended functionality, but I've changed it to be more clear. Originally if you set a profile picture from your image upload page that would be your avatar regardless of what you used on your account page. This is why it wasn't changing for you. I changed it to always look at the avatar setting first.

BlueThen  -  Dec 08, 2012

Thanks. It would make sense for it to look for the latest change, or to have just one image that each setting overwrites.

Hawkee  -  Dec 08, 2012

Yes, and that's what I just did. It will always accept what you upload under your account settings. Before that it'll try various other sources such as your Twitter, Facebook or GitHub avatars.

JamoBox  -  Dec 09, 2012

@Hawkee have you considered using Mozilla Persona or Gravatar?

Hawkee  -  Dec 09, 2012

@JamoBox No, I had not. Gravatar is easy because it isn't an authentication system, but Persona is an entirely different beast. I'd rather implement Google auth or even StackOverflow for authentication before Persona. Our intended audience is not necessarily on Persona.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.