TMFKSOFT   -  Nov 22, 2012

If you are good with Javascript, CSS and HTML you should check PhoneGap out. With it you can make Apps for mobile devices. It supports Android, Blackberry, iOS, Windows Phone and some more. Im learning how to use it now. You need experience with using GitHub where you store your project. :D

Hawkee  -  Nov 22, 2012

I've heard good things about it, but I still prefer native apps. I'm considering doing apps for Hawkee that are basically mobile versions of the site. The main difference is I'll use native menus to make it a bit more responsive.

TMFKSOFT  -  Nov 23, 2012

You can do the same with Phone Gap, It gives you full access to the API and you use Javascript to handle the data. I believe it also works fine with jQuery.

Hawkee  -  Nov 23, 2012

Neat, so you can build an app with PhoneGap and compile it to native iOS and native Android?

TMFKSOFT  -  Nov 28, 2012

Yes, I've built one already. You need a certificate from Apple for iOS I believe.

frozenmafia  -  Nov 30, 2012

Sounds good other than needing xCode which I know is free but requires a mac or hackintosh :(

Hawkee  -  Nov 30, 2012

@frozenmafia You can get a Mac fairly cheap if you search around. Might even consider a Mac mini. That would make for a great desktop machine.

JamoBox  -  Nov 30, 2012

Is there a real reason why Apple force you to use their OSX for xCode or is it just so they can make money off selling hardware to developers? It's the only reason I develop on android and not iOS.

Hawkee  -  Nov 30, 2012

They probably just don't want to build and support xCode for Windows.

TMFKSOFT  -  Dec 02, 2012

They're money hungry, the company I work at unlocks phones, Costs around £50 for most phones and about £100 for iPhones. Apple again. Wanting cash.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.