Hawkee   -  Oct 29, 2012

We just pushed out a design change. The header is now much more condensed to increase the viewing area of the site. We've also simplified the design by reducing the number of visible links on top.

N3M3S1S  -  Oct 29, 2012

Looks better.

Cheiron  -  Oct 29, 2012

Hiya Hawkee

Gonna go against my normal self here and just plug a few suggestions that need doing with the changes..
Initially, yeap.. nice clean minimalistic, nice..
closer look..

not so keen on the right top side of the bar. the profile icons look wrong on the nav bar.. as they have that "white" background.. i would opaque or transparent the profile icons there..

the grey on dark grey of the nav bar.. i would have them a slightly different colour seperation but thats aesthetic purposes only

In Explore... for the time being.. shove the forum link as scrolling forever to get the bottom of the page is just tedious

other than that.. thats about it for the moment. nice job so far :)

Hawkee  -  Oct 29, 2012

@Cheiron Thank you for the suggestions. Yes you have a good point about fixing those icons. I'll have to adjust those. As for the forum link, I'd like to suppress that. I don't want to draw attention to it because the activity stream is the focus of the site. We're phasing out the forum simply due to the antiquated format. You might just want to bookmark it to avoid scrolling.

Cheiron  -  Oct 29, 2012

point noted on the forum and fair enough reply :) just being lazy i guess.
i have had a good old nose at the changes so far with JS open and not noted anything awry besides a massive load time on one of the jq nodes.

Sorasyn  -  Oct 29, 2012

With the emphasis near completely removed from everyday sight, I wouldn't bother posting there anymore. :/ Code boxes look great by the way.

Stewie1k94  -  Oct 29, 2012

Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! One thing though, before I logged in, I noticed the "Login" and "Join Hawkee" button's were a bit out of line, if you know what I mean, maybe lower them a bit... (I'm being picky) xD

Sorasyn  -  Oct 29, 2012

EDIT: Nevermind. Lol

Hawkee  -  Oct 29, 2012

@Stewie1k94 That was one of the first things I fixed. Logout and let me know if you still see the issue.

The explore drop down seems okay to me.

Cheiron  -  Oct 29, 2012

nought wrong with login here. tested with chromium , google chrome, firefox, opera and midori on ubuntu 11.10 and mint 12 lxde :)

I'm using Firefox with the FXChrome Theme, maybe that's the problem. it just looks a lil' bit higher than the search bar.

Hawkee  -  Oct 29, 2012

Seems very subtle. I'll see if I can tweak it.

Okay, so I opened up Chrome, and checked. And it's fine on there. So I guess it's this Theme I'm using on Firefox. :/

EDIT: I changed back to normal theme and same problem, but fine on Chrome. If it can't be fixed then it's okay, just would be nice, lol

Hawkee  -  Oct 29, 2012

@Stewie1k94 I opened it up in Firefox and see what you mean. I'll work on that.

Sorasyn  -  Oct 29, 2012

Finally replicated the problem I was having earlier. I loaded a new page whilst the "Explore" drop down menu was active, and it stayed active until I refreshed the page again.

Bleh, it happens on and off I guess. Just a heads up.

Stronach  -  Oct 30, 2012

This design is extremely clever and neat, good job!

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.