Hawkee   -  Oct 17, 2012

A little sneak peek at what I'm working on. I'm slimming down the header to squeeze more content onto the screen.

Sorasyn  -  Oct 18, 2012

Looks good.

ProIcons  -  Oct 18, 2012

You can make Notifications and Recent Messages with ajax, like facebook style..

Abcdefmonkey  -  Oct 18, 2012

That's sexy ;]

Hawkee  -  Oct 18, 2012

I do plan to make the notifications more accessible. I'd like to build a little dropdown that brings up the last few without loading the entire page. And I'll probably need to eventually redo the messaging system. I don't like using the old forum message system. We need something a little more modern.

I'm removing the select box for the search, so I'll need to redo the way search works. For now I think I'll just make it context sensitive. So if you're on the snippets page it'll search the snippets. In the long run I'd like to do a universal search that searches status updates, comments, snippets, apps, and scripts all at once.

Stewie1k94  -  Oct 18, 2012

The top bar looks awesome, but I was wondering if there will be a user search in the future?

Hawkee  -  Oct 18, 2012

@Stewie1k94 Yes, I do plan to add that in the future. It just keeps getting pushed back. I'm going to redo the search entirely, so hopefully that can be included.

Abcdefmonkey  -  Oct 18, 2012

I like the idea of a universal search. Say you typed in a name for a snippet it would return the results in sections. Example:

xxx results in Snippets
-Results-

xx results for users (Meaning the users who posted the snippet)
-results-

etc..

Then if you searched for a user it would do the same thing "xx results for " and so on. I give choppy examples, but I'm going to assume you get the idea @Hawkee xD!

Stewie1k94  -  Oct 18, 2012

Oh nice, I like the fact that the site is constantly being updated with new stuff. :)

BlueThen  -  Oct 18, 2012

“Perfection is achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I love the minimalistic approach you're taking. Keep it up!

Hawkee  -  Oct 18, 2012

@BlueThen Yes, we're definitely going through a stripping process. I'm removing or hiding some features that never get used in order to focus on the core functionality.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.