Hawkee   -  Oct 06, 2012

I'm considering a new snippet page format. I'd like to give them the full width of the screen with a simple header across the top. Thoughts?

xdesoto  -  Oct 06, 2012

I think that would be cool, I'm sure it'd be easier to see.

BlueThen  -  Oct 06, 2012

It probably wouldn't look right for smaller few-lined snippets.

Hawkee  -  Oct 06, 2012

@BlueThen I've noticed most snippets have a horizontal scrollbar, so it may be good.

Abcdefmonkey  -  Oct 06, 2012

Well, it would be nice to not have to use the horizontal scroll bar to view code that is wider than the code boxes. :P Honestly, it sounds like a good idea. Try it and see how it goes at first.

Hawkee  -  Oct 07, 2012

I'm considering using a format more like this,

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/async/deferred/

Abcdefmonkey  -  Oct 07, 2012

That's neat looking. You could keep the transparent bar you have now at the top. The only thing that would change is the actual layout of the snippet page. If it's similar to that, then I wouldn't mind that.

Hawkee  -  Oct 07, 2012

I'm planning to change the header as well. I'd like to make it look more like Twitter where it isn't as tall, leaving more room for the main content.

xdesoto  -  Oct 07, 2012

Ew twitter :P

Hawkee  -  Oct 07, 2012

@xdesoto What's wrong with Twitter?

Abcdefmonkey  -  Oct 07, 2012

I personally have no problem with Twitter. I have one myself, but I rarely use it. I find myself more prone to logging into Facebook, as I can communicate easier with friends on there. :P

Hawkee  -  Oct 08, 2012

I see Twitter as more of a place to communicate with internet friends rather than real life friends.

xdesoto  -  Oct 08, 2012

I don't like Twitter too much, it's really annoying. In my opinion anyways.

Hawkee  -  Oct 08, 2012

@xdesoto Really depends on how you want to use it. I'm not a huge fan, but I realize it does have some value.

Sign in to comment

Are you sure you want to unfollow this person?
Are you sure you want to delete this?
Click "Unsubscribe" to stop receiving notices pertaining to this post.
Click "Subscribe" to resume notices pertaining to this post.